PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do the search show everything in a category?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do the search show everything in a category?

Is there any way to get all entries from a category without entering anything in the search field i.e. just sorting the entries by category?

I wish to make a listing of all entries in a specific category, and if I use a search word, some entries will be excluded.

Try using using double star,

as the search term.

Beware, if you have a lot of pages on your web site, this can be slow.

-------
    David

Comment

It works, but does not look good

Thanks for the reply.

Double star ** works, but all the words in all entries gets marked yellow (hits) and it doesn't look good. Is there another way to do it?

Comment

The yellow highlighting marks all matched words. So you could just turn off highlighting from the "Result layout" tab in the Zoom configuration window.

Or, depending on your site, you might be able to do a search like *.html if you indexed files names and if all your documents were html files.

------
        David

Comment

Must I use a search word?

So, there is no possible way to get a result list that shows everything in a category without using a search word? Maybe the *.html solution can work, I'll try it, but it's not the perfect way I'd hoped for.

Would you consider to create a "show all in category" function in a future version of Zoomsearch? I think that would be very useful.

Thanks for your help anyway!

Comment

If you don't want to enter in a search word, then you can just create a link using a URL.

For example here is a link to display all documents in the Product category on this example site using Zoom.

http://www.passmark.com/search/searc...=1&zoom_sort=0

Of course this site has highlighting turned on, so you might want to turn that off on your site.

-------
            David

Comment

Working...
            X