V5 don't accept other editors but Word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5 don't accept other editors but Word

Even if using Dreamveawer as my default HTML editor the Zoom Search Engine don't accept other editors but Word. Is it a way of forcing the Engine to accept DW as default editor as stated in the Control Panel\Folders?

As for now it seem impossible to change the "search_template.html" to "search_template.asp" resulting in loosing the SSI menu on my search pages. My index page including the menu may be viewed here.

I think this link about using server side includes with the search_template.html file will help with what you're describing:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_ssi.html

Andrew

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction .
      --
      Per Olav

Comment

Glad to help. I'm about to start trying to work with SSI and search_template.html myself right now.

A.

Comment

..the Zoom Search Engine don't accept other editors but Word
          Zoom uses whatever editor is defined in Windows as the default application to edit HTML files. Unforunately Word often installs itself as the default. Which is really bad of Word to do this, as Word makes for a horrible HTML editor. Note that if you are changing the Windows setting, there different settings in Windows for viewing files and editing files. You need to make DW the editor, not just the viewer.

In Windows XP this is easy, but it seems that in Vista, they have removed this function (which was stupid of them). Now you need to directly edit the registry or use a 3rd party tool to fix your file associations.

As for now it seem impossible to change the "search_template.html" to "search_template.asp"
          There should never be a need to do this. Instead see the FAQ page, Aschecht referred to.

Comment

Running XP

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
            Zoom uses whatever editor is defined in Windows as the default application to edit HTML files. Unforunately Word often installs itself as the default. Which is really bad of Word to do this, as Word makes for a horrible HTML editor. Note that if you are changing the Windows setting, there different settings in Windows for viewing files and editing files. You need to make DW the editor, not just the viewer.

In Windows XP this is easy, but it seems that in Vista, they have removed this function (which was stupid of them). Now you need to directly edit the registry or use a 3rd party tool to fix your file associations.
            I'm running XP and so far just changed the Control Panel\Folders setting. Which other setting has to be changed?

There should never be a need to do this. Instead see the FAQ page, Aschecht referred to.
            I will, but do think a need more detailed instructions of how to change the config setting of the Search Engine Made a few attempts without succeeding.
            --
            Per Olav

Comment

...need more detailed instructions of how to change the config setting
              Which particaular setting are you refering to? I would suggest starting by having a look at the (125 page) users guide and then the FAQ section. Then doing a search for past posts in this forum.

..so far just changed the Control Panel\Folders setting. Which other setting has to be changed?
              In XP you need to click on the "File types" tab, then the "advanced" button. Then change the "edit" and "open" associations.

Comment

Working...
              X