Large PDF files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large PDF files

I am interested in using the Pro version to provide a special site search of just one folder on a website. This folder contains over 200 PDF files that were scanned and OCR'd in Adobe, set for Fast Web View, and some of the files are up to 12 MB. (they are scanned magazines originally issued to members in paper form, who will be the users of this special search of the archived issues)

The folder also houses one htm file that has links to all the PDFs. I don't want the htm file to be indexed as such, just to have the links to the PDFs used to index the content of the PDFs. I also have available a sitemap created by SoftPlus GSite Crawler if needed.

Server is Unix.

Google Custom Search, which I have initially played with as a solution, seems to balk at the size of the files, throwing up Site Map warnings. I generally like the way Google handles and shows PDF results, but it may not want to work with these files.

Can Zoom handle this? Thanks!

Jim

As long as the OCR process was done well (and the text extacted is correct), then there should be no problem.

You can wrap the HTML links on the HTML page in ZOOMSTOP tags and then start Zoom on that HTML page.

Zoom can create a site map by itself if you need one. You don't really need an external product.

You can change the file size limit to be larger than 12MB on the limits tab of the Zoom configuration window.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks very much! I'll purchase it in the morning.

Jim

Comment

Great solution!

Bought it, played with it for a couple of hours, have a nice working solution.

Really great product which I think I'll find more uses for!

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X