PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matching partial entries, and spelling suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching partial entries, and spelling suggestions.

1. How do I make sure that if I type keyword Aust, then I will get search results for words that start with Aust? That is, Australia, Austria, etc.

This is important for us since some of our APIs are pretty long, so we don't expect the user to know or type the entire name.

2. If I type keyword GetExecutionRes, then I get spelling suggestions for getKeyContext or getCookie or getCookieNamespace. Why can't it show GetExecutionResults as the spelling suggestion because that keyword does exist?

Regards,
    K

1) Add a star (wild card) after the word. e.g. Aust*
    2) The spelling suggestions are based on SoundEx which was designed for the English language (not long function names). It isn't perfect. While we would need to have a closer look at the site in question, it might be that the algorithm is looking for words of similar length to suggest. (it is not expecting 4 letters to be completely missing from a misspelled English word)

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
      1) Add a star (wild card) after the word. e.g. Aust*
      2) The spelling suggestions are based on SoundEx which was designed for the English language (not long function names). It isn't perfect. While we would need to have a closer look at the site in question, it might be that the algorithm is looking for words of similar length to suggest. (it is not expecting 4 letters to be completely missing from a misspelled English word)
      Yup, thanks for the quick reply.

Adding the star is what I told my customers to do as well, but I was just wondering if ZoomSearch was able to do what Google does, or if there was a setting I needed to change. Anyways, i can tell you that my customers are LOVING this new ZooomSearch functionality!

Cheers,
      K

Comment

You could also create a synonym in Zoom to make Aust match Australia if you wanted (from the configuration window).

Comment

partial match

Another possibility is:

Click on Configuration and go to the Language tab. Check "substring match for all searches".

However, this may produce too many search results.

Ruud

Comment

Working...
          X