Embedding in page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embedding in page

Hi: Can you tell me how to embed the search into an asp page. Basically I want to put the search into this page: http://www.marinemammalcenter.org/search/index.asp. I am replacing the current search. Thanks.

See http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...tml#searchform

Q. How do I put search forms on different pages of my website? (Or define my own search form?)

The following is an example of the HTML search form you can use on any of the pages of your website in order to include a search form. Of course, you can modify the look of the form as you wish, but please note the name of the parameters (such as zoom_query, zoom_per_page, etc).
    <form method="get" action="search.php">
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="20" />
    <input type="submit" value="Search" />
    <small> Results per page:
    <select name='zoom_per_page'>
    <option selected="selected">10</option>
    <option >20</option>
    <option >100</option>
    </select><br /><br />Match:
    <input type="radio" name="zoom_and" value="0" checked="checked" />any search words
    <input type="radio" name="zoom_and" value="1" />all search words </small>
    </form>
    • ASP users will need to replace "search.php" with "search.asp"
    • JavaScript users will need to replace "search.php" with "search.html"
    • Note: remember to take in to consideration the path or location of the search files (eg. search.php, etc.) relative to the page you are putting this HTML form in.
    You may also want to disable the search form that is automatically displayed at the top of the search results page (so that it doesn't appear twice). You can do this from the "Search page" tab of the Configuration window. For the "Search form" dropdown option, select "Do not generate".
    For more information on how to do this, please see the Search script and Optimising and configuring your search engine section of the Users Guide.
    You can also refer to the search bar at the top of this very site as a working example.

Comment

Kutra's reply from the FAQ was for creating your own search form. But this might not be the best option.

Instead you can embed Zoom into an existing ASP script. See this FAQ.
      Q. How can I add server-side scripting (eg. PHP, ASP) to the search template?

Comment

Working...
      X