Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2003 Memory Leak

Hi

I am using Zoom (latest available ver) on our Corporate Intranet. There are approximately 30,000 pages max. I am using CGI and Spider Mode as it is a DB driven CMS.

I have a really irritating problem which I hope you can shed some light on.

Zoom seems to create memory issues Server Side. We have bucket loads of RAM and a Dual Core hi spec server. The Indexing completes without issue and the search is used by around 2500 staff throughout the day.

I have set Zoom to perform incremental index updates and this is done on a scheduled task twice a day. All seems OK but after a week or so the server dies and has to be rebooted due to lack of memory. I have isolated the issue to the process when Zoom updates the index but it does not seem to release the RAM after indexing. The only solution is to bump the server....any solutions please?

It is true that when the indexer is running it can use a fair amount of RAM. But this is proportional to the amount of data being indexed.

The Zoom indexer, when run as a scheduled job, should run then exit. Once it has exited there is no possibility that it can still be holding RAM.

When the indexer is not running and you look in the task manager process list, do you still see the Zoom process? You shouldn't. Or are you having the issue while indexing is taking place?

Also how much RAM is in the machine and how much do you observer Zoom using during indexer and while not indexing? (It should be 0 KB while not indexing as the process should not be running).

Comment

Working...
    X