Reindex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reindex

I installed the program in my c:\inetpub\wwwroot\wcontrol which I call it as
    http://locahost/accbcn
    From there I index the wcontrol folder (my intranet) and for other users to reindex (I add documents now and then) I put a link to the program in my search_template page like this:<a href='http://localhost/accbcn/ZoomIndexer.exe'>Reindexar</a>

My operating system is Windows Vista Business and the problem is that Vista popup a window with run, save or cancel and if I run the program it does it in a temp directory where the zoomindexer runs ok but do not find the plugins that I need as my documents are the only ones I need to check ,instead of static pages(either .html, .asp etc.). Another thing is that if the program could find the plugins I would like to reindex automaticaly this intranet without any further manipulation by the user. i.e. after the first run, could be nice to keep the data in a file(.ini or the like) so as to run the reindex every now and then by diferent users only from the link in the search page
    regards
    żAny suggestion?

You can't link directly to an executable file from a web page and hope it will work. As you point out it will display some security warnings, then just save the executable file. You need to install the indexer from the install package.

You should also review our license conditions. You need a license per person running the indexer software.

If you want to have a web link to start the indexer, then you would need to do something like writing a PHP script will calls the indexer via the command line.

Comment

Yes. I know all that. I bought the standard edition to make trials in my computer so as to decide if I buy or not the business one for our intranet company.
      I installed the program normally but not in the default folder but in my intranet one(the one in my computer), as I told you. When I execute it from my web page it works perfectly well but the plugins. I can indexer the intranet but only the html or asp pages not the .doc or .pdf. but as you can understand I cannot tell my company to buy a product which I do not know perfectly well and be usefull for the whole company and in this very specific product I need that every now and then the user reindex the intranet as in only one day somebody can introduce something like 10 inmediate efect corporate decisions. And as I manage to do it in real time I need also reindex in real time for better use of the information posted. We cannot buy 450 licenses for the 450 persons using the intranet, need to find a better solution.
      Regards

Comment

Yes. I know all that.
        Without wanting to offend. I don't think you do.

You are going about it wrong way and it will not work. You can not run Windows applications via a link to their executable file from a HTML page. You will be missing configuration files, language files, help files, registry entries, etc..

Please re-read my initial post to start with.

You should either,
        1) Schedule the indexer to run from a single machine each night (or each week)
        OR
        2) Run the indexer manually on the machine it was installed on as required
        OR
        3) Run the indexer from the command line in a fully, or semi automatic fashion. This could for example be done from a script via a link on a web page.

Comment

Working...
        X