Duplicated Search Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicated Search Results

I hope someone can help me with a problem I’m having with the search results for my help file. I'm using Zoom Search with my Robohelp web help output to generate 2 separate help files for 2 separate sites. Until recently, everything was working smoothly but I've suddenly noticed the search results for 1 site are showing duplicate links. The search yields a list of duplicate search results all on the same page. The first result links to the correct page (based on the URL entered in the base URL field on the configuration page) but the 2nd result links to an output folder on my hard drive.
    This only occurs on one of 2 help files. The 2nd help file with a seperate URL works fine.

If this is on the web can you post the URL to the search function returning the double links.

Are you are indexing in offline mode or spider mode?

Comment

It's generated in Offline Mode and the platform is Javascript. Unfortunately, the help file is linked to a secure site so I can't send you the URL.

I wonder if the problem has to do with the different versions I generate? The tool I'm using, Robohelp, lets me apply conditional tags to the source files so that when I generate the final output, I can create 2 versions. One for each of our sites (US content and CDN content).

I created 2 seperate config files, one which points to the CDN site and the other 2 US site.

Not sure if any of this helps. I will try and think of a way I can show you the help file outside of our secure site.

Comment

Hmm, I think I might have resolved it for now. I changed my Start Directory to the main project folder search_files instead of the output folder and that seems to have stopped the duplicate links from appearing. I notice it created several more files that were not in the output folder previously? Initially there only .jscript files but now I also have .zdat files as well.

Comment

The ZDAT files are used for the PHP, ASP and CGI script options. They are not used with the Javascript option.

Comment

Working...
          X