Getting TMP files instead of ZDAT files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting TMP files instead of ZDAT files

Admittedly, I'm REALLY rusty on setting up Zoom search. I did it several years ago.

I now have to install it on a new server of ours and get it running to migrate over.

I've installed the latest 4.x version from this site, currently just running in free mode, chose the CGI format, an output folder, and began the indexing. It seems to be working.

However, the output folder ends up with TMP files like:

zoom_pagetext.tmp

Instead of the zdat files:

zoom_pagetext.zdat

I'm not getting an error by the indexer, so am a bit confused as to what is (or not) happening. Searching for 'TMP files' didn't seem to turn up many results in here.

If this is a new install, you should consider using the newer V5 release, instead of the older V4 release. This is doubly true if you are using Vista, or Server 2008.

The tmp files are temporary files used to accumulate the index data unless the indexing process is complete. They should disappear automatically once indexing is complete, to be replaced by the ZDAT files. So are you sure that indexing has been complete?

Comment

There's a good chance we're going to upgrade to 5.x, but, for now, I just need to get this version we own up and running on the new server.

As of this AM, about 12 hours later, the .tmp files are still there with no zdat files.

This is Windows Server 2003.

I run the indexer, it appears to be indexing...runs for maybe 30 seconds and then closes, leaving the TMP files in the output directory.

Comment

Sounds like the Windows 2003 DEP issue (which was fixed in V5 of Zoom).

Comment

Working...
        X