Any sftp support planned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any sftp support planned?

hi, my company has recently upgraded to a web platform that prevents ftp of my Zoom output files. The administrators tell me they will allow only sftp for security reasons. Can you please let me know if Zoom is (or will be) capable of uploading files using sftp?
    thanks,
    mike

We have no plans to add secure FTP at the moment. The problem is that there isn't a single standard. Options include SFTP/SSH, FTP/SSL and FTPS (implicit SSL). Then within these options there are sub-options for number of bits (e.g. 128bit SSL), the encryption or not of the command channel and data channels, SSLV2, or SSLV3, SSH key pairs, and possible OpenPGP use.

It would take us months to implement all the possibilities, but we have had only a couple of requests for this feature. You can always use a 3rd party FTP client, but if you do this make sure you select BINARY transfer mode, not ASCII.

If we had enough people request it we would probalby have to look around for a 3rd party FTP componet to support this function. If other people think this is important, please add to this post.

Comment

Working...
    X