Trouble indexing pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble indexing pages

I have successfully used various versions of Zoom for an intranet site.

I've recently encountered an issue that is making me nuts - all of the pages are not indexing properly.

The index summary indicates the page has been indexed, but unique words on that page do not show up in my search results.

I have also had situations where the text in the search results reads correctly, but it points to a different page.

I have removed and reinstalled the latest version, but the results are the same. I've gone through all the configuration tabs and see nothing unusual.

Thanks for any help -

The index summary indicates the page has been indexed, but unique words on that page do not show up in my search results
    This might be becuase of invalid HTML on the page, incorrect use of ZOOMSTOP tags, a corrupted set of index files, or the text in question not actually being in HTML. (e.g. the text is in a script or actually an image, etc..)

I have also had situations where the text in the search results reads correctly, but it points to a different page

This also sounds like a corrupted set of index files.

You can end up with a corrupted set of index files for example, if you forget to upload one of the index files, or upload using external FTP programs using ASCII format instead of binary.

If you still have a problem can you post a link to your search function and the search word(s) in question.

Comment

Working...
    X