Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Question? - Search results look identical

Hi everyone,

I just found out about Zoom yesterday and I decided that I would purchase the Professional version. It seems fairly easy to use. The question I have is:

When I type in a word to do a search it seems to render a page of links that all appear to be the same. All the descriptions and titles are the same but the link string shows to be different??? How can I fix this?

Here is the search page on the site: http://www.hipnotizame.com/SiteENG/search/search.php

Type in either of these words: cancer, reiki, sexuality or scripts.

You will see what I mean... Am I missing something here? The search function is working but it just seems to render all the descriptions and titles the same???

Thanks,
    Mark

All the search results have the same title because all the pages on your web site have the same title.

Every page I looked at on your site has this same code.
    Code:
    <title>Hipnotizame</title>
    You should give each of your pages a unique and meaningful title.

The other major problem that you have is that almost all of the interesting keywords on your site appear in the page navigation bar. And every page on your site has the navigation bar. So every page has every interesting keyword. So the search result description look the same (because that part of your page is the same on every page).

So you should exclude the navigation bar (and any other common headers or footers) from the indexing process to fix this.

Comment

The title tag in at least two of those links is this:

<title>Hipnotizame</title>

That tag is what is shown for each of those results.

Good luck,
      Leon

Comment

Working...
      X