[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [an error occurred while processing this directive]

I am currently getting the following error message when I make a search on my site:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

This problem has occurred once before (see http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/archiv...hp/t-1020.html ) so I realise the real error is an Internal Server Error.

The problem seems to have started when I upgraded to the latest version of Zoom (though I'm not saying that is what's causing the problem). When I first used it I had 6000+ pages indexed which surprised me as it should be over 8600 pages.

A reindex gave 8600+ but I am still getting the error. I have looked at the configuration, deleted all Zoom files from the cgi-bin then reindexed and uploaded via Zoom but still no success.

Other cgi scripts are still working so I do not think anything could have been changed on the server.

My search page is at: http://www.ufoinfo.com/search.shtml

Any ideas as to what I can try next?

Regards,

John

Yes as per your previous post, when you had this problem last time, the real error is being hidden. So there is no point looking at your search.shtml file.

You can see the real error when you run the CGI script directly,
    http://www.ufoinfo.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi
    "Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

Which is the same error as last time.

My advice is also the same as last time.

Which was,
    "There are many reasons why this might happen. The most common is a corrupted set of index files. This often happens if you have failed to upload sme files, or have uploaded the files in ASCII ftp mode instead of binary FTP mode (when using an external FTP program)."

In addition see this FAQ for aother common problems and solutions to gettting the CGI script to run.

Comment

Tech Suport at the hosting company mentioned the followin error message in the log files and to make sure permissions were correct:

[Sun Mar 2 03:35:59 2008] [error] [client 69.176.24.46] unable to include "/cgi-bin/search.cgi?${QUERY_STRING}" in parsed file /home/ufoinfo2/public_html/search.shtml
      [Sun Mar 2 03:35:59 2008] [error] [client 69.176.24.46] Premature end of script headers: /home/ufoinfo2/public_html/cgi-bin/search.cgi

I knew that the permissions were correct and the problem seems to have been resolved by opening the search.cgi file in Wordpad and saving it again.

Regards,

John

Comment

You should NOT attempt to open / edit the search.cgi with Wordpad or any other word processing program. It is 100% sure that this can not help, but it is very likely that it will corrupt the file.

search.cgi is binary executable you can not edit it like it was a Word document.

'Premature end of script headers' is one of the errors covered in the FAQ on installing the CGI.

Comment

Working...
        X