Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGI Front End app

Hi,

I downloaded the CGI Front End source files and have been trying it out. I want to use it for offline and search a partitioned D:/ drive. When I run the app from either the D: or C: drive the links (on search results page) do not open the file. I have set my root to:

file:///D:/

To test whether the URL is valid, I copy and paste the URL in a IE address bar and the link opens the document.

What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks,
    Bones

Which version of the Zoom FrontEnd are you using? And on which O/S?

Does anything happen when you click on a link in the ZFE window? Is there an error?

Comment

Hi,

I am using VB.net with windows XP. I do not get any errors. When I click on it, nothing happens.

As a note when I generate an Index using a relative path for my base e.g. '../' and launch from my c:/ drive, it works. When using File:///D:/ is when it does nothing.

Thanks for the help.

Bones

Comment

The VB.NET code was the V1.0 release. I think this was a bug in V1.0.

If you can download the V1.3 release (which was in C++), I think it will fix this.

If you need to use VB.NET and can't use the C++ code, then you might have to port the changed from the C++ code back to the VB.NET code.

Comment

Hi thank you for the reply.

I downloaded the 1.3 C++ version. I don't know much about c++, but I loaded it into VS2005 anyway. I am unable to build the app. I receive 3 build errors. Without knowing much about c++, I can not trouble shoot.

In the VB version, do you know what the bug is? Is it in the CGI or the vb app?

Thanks,

Comment

And unfortunately we don't know much about VB. But the bug would be in the VB app. Most likely just related to building up the path to the file correctly.

What were the build errors?

Comment

Here are the errors:

Code:
              Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__PathCombineA@12 
              referenced in function "int __stdcall MainDlgProc(struct HWND__ *,
              unsigned int,unsigned int,long)" (?MainDlgProc@@YGHPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z)    CGIFrontEnd.obj
              Code:
              Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__PathIsRelativeA@4
              referenced in function "int __stdcall MainDlgProc(struct HWND__ *,
              unsigned int,unsigned int,long)" (?MainDlgProc@@YGHPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z)    CGIFrontEnd.obj
              Code:
              Error    3    fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
                  .\Debug/CGIFrontEnd.exe
              As for the VB I think the bug is in the webbrowser control not your app.

I created a new app, added a webbrowser and added these two lines:

Code:
               Me.WebBrowser1.DocumentText = "<html><head></head>
              <body><p><a href=""file:///D:\index.html"" target=""_blank"">Click me
              </a></p></body></html>"
              Code:
              Me.WebBrowser1.DocumentText = "<html><head></head><body><p><a href=""http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/"" target=""_blank"">
              Click me</a></p></body></html>"
              The http link worked, and the file:///d:/ did not.

After trouble shooting the frontend app (vb), this was confirmed. I noticed that the "zoom search engine" link at the bottom of the results works. This has a prefix of "http:///" and my links are file:///d:/

I conclude that it is the webbrowser control in vs2005. I will load it into vs2008 tonight and try again.

See here: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2690420&SiteID=1

Thanks for the help.
              Last edited by bonkekrusher; Jan-23-2008, 12:05 AM.

Comment

I have confirmed that it is the webbrowser control. I was able to recreate the problem in vs2008

ahhhhhhh

Comment

Working...
                X