Repopulating the parent - popup windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repopulating the parent - popup windows

Our search results appear in a popup window. Once a selection is made the document that the search was made (window.opener) is to go to the page selected, and the popup box of results goes away.

How do I do this in Zoom Search?

Thanks,
    Cy

This really isn't a problem related to search. This is a more general issue related to having pages (any pages) pop-up and close automatically.

Most people are running pop-up blockers nowadays. So having normal pages appear in pop-ups means that your site won't immediately work for some people.

Same thing for scripts that want close windows. Many browsers are blocking this. Depending on the method used and browser. You get errors messages like, "this script wants to close the window, do you want to allow this Yes / No". So the user needs to manually close the window in the end anyway.

If you have specific code to open and close windows then we might be able to suggest how to intergrate that code into your pages.

We don't have any scripts that we have written that auto-close browser windows.

Comment

After some digging I found the place in the code to implement the code I need for how this is supposed to work. I agree with you on the reasons why we might not want to do this, but it isn’t always a decision developers get to make.

But it has got me thinking about how to mix a little javascript into the code so I can open the results in a div that pops in front of the content. Sounds like a better method, and it circumvents the pop up blocker.

Thanks for the quick reply,
      Cy

Comment

Working...
      X