Base URL problems as well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base URL problems as well

I hope it's ok if I hi-jack this post but I have some similar questions to ask. I have configured the Zoom Search to work within my Robohelp v.5 project with about 200 htm. topics. I set everything up with the demo version and everything worked fine so I purchased a license. The only problem I am having is when I try to use the highlight and jump to function. The highlight works fine but I can't get the jump to, to work properly and I assume it has something to do with my base URL.

I created a simple text project and it worked fine but can't get it to work within my project folder. The only difference between the two is I organize all the HTML files in my main project within folders (to keep them in order of the module they refer to). Does this cause the search engine a problem?

Here's an example of the directory where my project resides:

C:\Documents and Settings\thomsg\My Documents\WescomManuals\NewPCCHelp\!SSL!\WebHelp

(the way Robohelp works, is the project is created in a directory {NewPCCHELP} which it then compiled and stored in another directory {SSL/Webhelp}, based on the outcome of the compile)

Is this too many directories deep? I understand that when I publish the files to our server the URL will be different but I have to see it running on my system first.

Any help would be appreciated.

...but I have some similar questions to ask
    The initial query was concerning the use of the base URL field. Your query seems to be about the jump and highlight function in conjunction with Robohelp, which is completely unrelated to the base URL. So I have moved the post to a new thread.

The jump to function is a small piece of Javascript code that scrolls the page in the browser until the first instance of the search word is visible. So the base URL has no effect on this function, nor does the length of the file path.

Any problems are more likely to be related to the browser you are using, other Javascripts on the same page, or the structure of the page itself (e.g. the use of frames on the page).

The fastest solution might be to E-Mail us the example project you have built.

Comment

Ok, I thought the jump to function was linked to the URL entered in the base URL and I thought I must have that wrong if the function doesn't work.

I did resolve my problem over the weekend so everything is well. The issue was the location of the Zoom Search Output files (search folder in Robohelp). I was compiling to a folder in an incorrect directory. I changed the outfile directory and resolved the problem.

I was using Peter Grainge's instructions to set up Robohelp with Zoom search but if you would recommend any other resource material I should be looking at, please let me know.

Comment

Working...
      X