More Meta Data to Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Meta Data to Display

I need to display more meta data on the results page in a different font/color. I'm having trouble adding this - can anyone please help?

Thanks!

You can adjust the fonts and colour of the meta data display by using CSS on the search_template.html page.

You can adjust what is displayed in the search results using the "Result layout" tab in the Zoom configuration window.

Comment

I got that far, but want to have a bit more information displayed.

How do I get the DC.Identifier META tag for each page to display on the search results summary page? For "Indexing Options" I checked off the Dublin Core option with the hopes that I can assign another META tag with information that will get displayed on the search results page. Ultimately the content of this tag will control how the listing is displayed, but first I want to at least call it up so I see it works.

Comment

If you tick the "Dublin Core Metadata" box, Zoom will index the DC.Title, DC.Subject, and DC.Identifier meta tags as described by the Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (DCMI).

However even though the DC.Identifier is indexed and stored, and you can search for it, it typically isn't systematically displayed as part of the search results. It is treated as being similar to meta keywords. Meta keywords are not systematically displayed as part of the search results.

The exception is when the word / ID appears as part of the document context. Which will only happen if there is no good text to display from the main body of the document as context.

Comment

I appreciate the quick response!!

This is a bummer - what do you suggest I do to query unique information for each page that will not get displayed in the results page but have an effect on how the page is displayed?

Comment

Place the information into either the file name or the meta description, then use CSS to assign a hide attribute to the field in question on the results page.

Comment

Working...
            X