Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automatic wildcard for any search words only

Hi,
    first of all, thanks for a reply from Ray (if not mistaken). I have another problem which is the same as will. But i only want the search to assume that wildcard when using 'any search words' mode.

My prob is when i typed azz using any search words, it works fine as i wish but when i typed azz (instead of jazz) using all search words, it displays the same result as if using any word which i dont want it to do so.

For ur info, i did change at language tab, where i enabled the 'substring match for all searches'.

Thanks (" ,)

In general we only recommend Substring matches for all searches for East Asian languages where words are not distinguished by spaces and you always want to search for a single character within a set of words.

Automatic wildcard behaviour only confuses users of the search function. People expect similar behaviour to Google and Yahoo. People don't expect to search for 'cat' and get a 'catalogue'.

Maybe just leave auto wildcards off, then users can just add a manual wild card as required. e.g.
    *azz

Comment

Working...
    X