How to skip certain files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to skip certain files

I have files that I do not want Zoom to index because they would provide meaningless and redundent results. How and where do I tell Zoom to "not" index these specific files? I cannot move these files to another directory because it would destroy the internal links.

1. Is there somewhere I can tell Zoom not to index certain files by specifically naming these files by name (because I cannot use just extensions to do this)?

Or, conversely is there somewhere I can tell Zoom to only index the following files (by specifically naming them because I cannot use file extensions to do this).

Exploring, I see a "skip options" tab with a window for "Page and folder skip list". Can one enter entire file names here? If these file names contain words that also exist in the names of files to be indexed, will this cause these other files to be skipped too?

2. I also want Zoom to skip all gif and other files this time based on extension. Where do I tell it that?

(3. Finally, out of curiosity, are the license file limits based on the files actually indexed or on the entire number of files in the website including those not indexed? In other words, if the site contains 200 files but only 100 are to be indexed, does this mean a 100 file license or a 200 file license?)

Thanks.

How and where do I tell Zoom to "not" index these specific files?
    See the users guide for details, and use the settings on the "Skip Options" tab in the Zoom configuration window. You can enter in full or partial URLs.

The license limits are based on files actually indexed.

Comment

Thank you. It really is an amazing program. Thank you for writing it.

Comment

Working...
      X