Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing recommended links list in groups

Hi
    I am very new to Zoom having just discovered it yesterday and I am extremely impressed with its speed and capabilities.

I am now exploring the "Recommended Links" function. What I want to do is :
    a) import a large group of words from a text file
    b) edit this group of words so that will point to a specific url

Zoom allows me to do all that but the editing of the words to add the url seems to be only possible individually word by word. As this is a very long list of words, is there a way to select several to edit them all together identically? Editing each word individually to insert the same url is too tedious and inpractical in my case.

If not possible through the "recommended Links" screen, are there any other work arounds?

Great product!

Probably the best solution is to export your list and edit it in a more sophisticated editing program, e.g The UltraEdit text editor, or Microsoft Excel. The import it back in.

Comment

I am not sure I understand exactly how to do this. I can of course create in Excel a list of 4 columns containing the words and their respective urls, title and descriptions:

word - url - title - description

in the 4 columns, but what format should they be saved in from Excel (comma delimited text file?), and then, when I import the prepared list of 4 columns into zoom, will these 4 columns go into each of the appropriate 4 fields in "recommended Links"?

Thanks for replying.

Comment

The file should be in CSV format but with a bar (instead of a comma). e.g.

Keyword1|http://www.url1.com/|Page title|This is the page description
        Keyword2|http://www.url2.com/|Another Page title|This is the page description for the 2nd page

Comment

Thank you. Very clear.

Comment

Working...
          X