Page Content not being indexed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Content not being indexed

I am using free version. I have indexed site on local server selecting asp as search platform. But when I try to search it will not search all of the WORDS. Means if the word e.g. DataTable is written at the bottom of page then it will not search. But if it is at the top of page then it will shown in result page.

Any special settings???

Do you mean

1) That every occurrence of the search word is not shown in the search results for a particular page. This is normal, as only a few sentences are shown from the document in the search results. If the document is a 100 page PDF file, then you don't want the entire document appearing in the search results.

OR do you mean,

2) Some pages are missing from the search results even though the search words appears on the missing page?

Comment

For example name of page is MyPage.aspx. There are 100 lines in it. If word DataTable is at first line and I search that word then it will show result. If DataTable is for example at 90th line then it will not.

May be this is happening due to broken links or any other reason. Please explain.

Comment

It still isn't totally clear to me if you are talking about case 1) or case 2).

Case 1) is normal behaviour

If it is case 2) then we need to look at the page in question and the search word being used. Can you post the URL to the page and your search function. It might be that the page has some invalid HTML on it or something similar.

Comment

Thanks Administrator. My problem is solved. Actually I have indexed pages which were not properlly created. Now working fine. Thanks for this powerful product.

Comment

Working...
          X