Categories: display categories in sections on output page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Categories: display categories in sections on output page

I am using mulitple categories, but on the display page, I want to group them together. For example, I have a Products category and a Support category. When a user does a search, I want to group the Support 'hits' first, then the 'Products'.

Also, it would be really nice to be able to display, lets say, 5 hits from each category at a time. And have a seperate 'More' button for each category.

This is not something that the current script supports. Results are presented in order of relevancy or date. There is no option to group by category.

Comment

If we can modify an ASP script, is the modification possible?

Comment

Yes, it is possible to re-code the ASP script to change the sorting behaviour. It is not a 5 minute job however. If you are familar with the code in the script I think it might take a day to implement. If you are not familar with the code, it might take you a couple of days.

To have it flexible, with a proper user interface, documentation and common behaviour across all scripts (PHP, ASP, CGI, JS), might take a week or mores work.

Comment

We'll give this a shot. I'll trying to achieve a look similar to what Apple does on their search page. For example:

http://www.apple.com/search/?q=monitor

Comment

Working...
          X