PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to include onmouseover text when indexing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to include onmouseover text when indexing?

I'm trying to include some onmouseover text I have on my site when indexing. I've tried putting <!--ZOOMRESTART--> and <!--ZOOMSTOP--> around the text I want to have indexed, but Zoom continues to ignore it.

Code is as follows:

<li><a href="javascript:void(0);" onmouseover="return overlib('Volunteers are needed for nursing homes on a weekly basis. <br>&nbsp;<br> Check with Joe (555-4597).', CAPTION, '&nbsp;&nbsp;Nursing Homes<br>&nbsp;', ABOVE, LEFT);" onmouseout="return nd();">Volunteers</a></li>

At this point the only word being indexed is Volunteers. Is there a way to get the red text indexed?

Thanks for your help.

Any text that is generated as a result of client side Javascript being executed will not be indexed. In this case the "overlib" function call will never be executed and the output of the overlib will never be indexed.

People with Javascript turned off in their browser would also not see this text.

The <!--ZOOMSTOP--> tags can only prevent text being indexed. They can't force the execution of a Javascript script.

See also this FAQ.

Comment

Working...
    X