Formatting my search page with server-side includes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formatting my search page with server-side includes

I have a site at the URL: www.mcjtraining.co.uk. This site is for a new business and I am very grateful to have found Zoom to add search facilities.

The search page (search.shtml) has been made by up from several server-side includes including the Zoom file search.php. The search facility works satisfactorily - out of the box!

Have I gone about this incorrectly as I cannot find a way of editing the output of search.php in the search page?

I would appreciate advice in this matter.

Malcolm Walker

The recomended way of using SSI's with the search results page is details in this FAQ article.

Comment

I still cannot work out how to reformat the search page at www.mcjtraining.co.uk/search.shtml

I have checked the Zoom Search FAQ - Headers & Footers, SSI & wrapping scripts that you referred me to and my code appears to me to conform to that required by the FAQ. But in Dreamweaver MX 2004 nothing editable appears in the Design or Code views. I want to, at least, remove `Search this Site' and reduce the font size of the default text.

I would be pleased to learn how this is done.

Malcolm

PS. It's hard for an old dog to learn new tricks!

Comment

To change fonts, edit the CSS in the template file.

The remove the entire search form, change the search form appearance from the Zoom configuration window on the "search page" tab.

Comment

Working...
        X