X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page boost query

The search

http://www.ivpbooks.com/zoom/search....tianity&page=1

looks for the words "basic" and "christianity". It finds them OK, but I would have expected the second item in the list to be listed first as this refers to a book where the keywords are the title.

For this second item, the search words are in the title (with a +5 page boost), in a <h1> heading (again boosted) and in the text a few times. The item that is listed first doesn't have the searched-for words in any key positions, nor does it appear to score from word density. The text is longer, but that's all.

Any suggestions as to why this is the case and what I can do to overcome it?

Thanks.

Vernon

You have done a nice job of adding the search function. I can see you have also done some customisation of the script.

I think the 1st page got the #1 position because it mentioned Christianity so many times (about 15 times I think).

An exact phrase search for "basic christianity", with the quotes, gives the correct result.

I think the pages must have a score that is very close. If you can turn on the display the score, then this can help determine why the rankings are the way they are.

Did you boost the meta keywords? After adjusting the boost settings, did you re-index the web site and re-upload the index files?

Comment

Working...
    X