Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with search box on secure pages

Hi,

I'm a new user, installed zoom search (PHP) on our site last week. The search appears to be working fine, but I've encountered 2 problems with the search form I've "included" in our header.

1) When using the search form from a secure page, when you hit enter, instead of redirecting you to the results page "search.php", the current page just reloads. You can't get to the search results page.

2) The presence of the search form also appears to conflict with my (secure) shopping cart page. When you put something in your cart, the shopping cart page requires you to specify 1 or 2 attributes for the item, reloading the page each time a new attribute is selected. Products in the cart and selected attributes are saved as arrays in a session variable. Once I include the search form on the page, all session data appears to be lost every time the page reloads.

Any thoughts on what is going on here and how I can fix it? I've had to comment out the search form pending a fix so that my shopping cart wouldn't be shut down.

Many thanks for any advice.

OK, I found and solved my problem, so I'll post the solution for the benefit of others:

My shopping cart page includes a form. The leading <form> tag was placed right at the front of the page, causing the search form to be embedded within the shopping cart form. Chaos ensued.

I moved the form tag further down the page and the problem went away.

Comment

Working...
    X