indexing certain websites on internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indexing certain websites on internet

How can I index certain websites on the internet using yahoo or google? It seems like you have to already know the websites ahead of time to index them. My problem is I want to index based on certain keywords to index yahoo. I do have a web spider program that indexes websites. But when I start using zoom indexer it doesn't give me the option to add a search engine to index. So if Im using another web program such as a web spider. So after I do that I just export all the urls and than put it in Zoom indexer? But the problem is its going to index them when I already did it.

Zoom is a true search engine. Not just a thin layer on top of Google or Yahoo.

Yes you need a list of web sites that you want to index and search. If you have a lot of web sites, you can import this list into Zoom from a text file.

I do have a web spider program that indexes websites
    Then I would suggest that you replace the existing search software with Zoom, or just continue with this other product, if you are happy with the other product.

But when I start using zoom indexer it doesn't give me the option to add a search engine to index
    That is becuase Zoom doesn't need Google or Yahoo to work. You can use Zoom on a Intranet, without even having an Internet connection. We are aware that some other 'search scripts' on the market are really just scripts that call Google in the background and present Google's results. Zoom is not like this.

Comment

Working...
    X