PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zoom Front End Menu - How do I configure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom Front End Menu - How do I configure?

I would like to configure Zoom FE's menu . . . starting with changing the default Match, "Any search words" to "All search words" like Google. FE works great on the LAN for running .cgi search files. My files to index have grown past JavaScript with its limits. Server2Go won't run on a REMOTE LAN server but will on a desktop or CD. FE doesn’t run a browser environment which limits advanced features like Categories, but I really appreciate its ability to run the CGI !!! The speed Zoom indexes in CGI is also great since I share my pc with others and can't leave it logged on to run the indexer after hours.
    I suppose I will have to purchase a program like Resource Tuner to make minor changes. Can you suggest something or does Zoom have something on the back-burner to release in the near future to run CGI on a LAN?
    Thanks!

The easy solution might be to install the free Apache web server software on one of the machines on the LAN. The machine would then become a web server, and you would then have a true Intranet.

Otherwise you can edit all the text displayed by the CGI from the languages tab of the Zoom configuration window.

If you wanted more customisation, we supply the source code for the Zoom Front End. To modify and recompile this source code you need Visual Studio 2005.

Comment

Working...
    X