Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searck multiple criteria?

Hi.

Wishing to buy the new version of Zoom Search but need to know a few things first and cant seem to find any info.

I work for an estate agency and am wishing to add a search capability to our new site.

I need 3 seperate search options on the same page:
    1. reference number only
    2. postcode only (with search radius options preferably)
    3. min price, max price, number of bedrooms, area, etc...

I understand how to do option 1 above but not sure if your program can handle postcode radius searches (i.e. within 10 miles of G75) and for option 3 is it possible to have all the different criteria used to return 1 search result instead of having to search for each one seperately (i.e. your screenshots all show 1 search box but i would need 4 or 5 which all feed into the 1 search). Hope this makes sense!

In terms of the thumbnails that are provided in the search results, do i need to provide seperate thumbnail pictures for each page or will ZOOM automatically generate a thumbnail from a picture on a page(e.g. 500x300) that when clicked on will link to the matching page?

If anyone can help i would be very happy!

Many thanks,

Alan.

You can have multiple search boxes with Zoom but you can't do post code radius searches and number of bedrooms, etc..

To do what you want to do you really need a SQL style database. With all the data carefully formatted and placed into the correct database fields. Then you can do a structured field based database query. See also this previous discusion of the issue. And this one. And this one as well.

Zoom can display thumbnails in the search results but you need to specify what thumbnail image to use for a page. You can create rules to help with this, but Zoom can't guess at what image to use for a page.

Comment

Working...
    X