Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search by filetype/-extension

Hello!

I'm using Zoom Search Engine, Enterprise Edition.

Is it possible to modify the searchform, that the user can search by fileextensions (eg. DOC, XLS, PPT, ...)

Thanks,
    Thorsten

Re: Search by filetype/-extension

MCP,

You should be able to get this functionality out of the Categories tab when you are configuring Zoom.

Pg. 48 of the pdf manual states:
    Tip: You can use patterns such as “.pdf” to create categories based on file extensions (eg. "PDF
    documents", "PowerPoint presentations", "Flash movies", etc.)
    You can use wildcard characters ("*" and "?") in your category pattern. This means that you can
    create a pattern such as "/news/updates_*.pdf" which will get all PDF files, inside the news folder,
    with a filename starting with "updates_".
    You can specify multiple patterns for each category, separated by a semi-colon character. For
    example, a category named “Downloads” may contain a variety of file formats with a pattern like
    “.pdf;.doc;.xls;.ppt;.exe”. Note that with multiple patterns, a file will only need to match any one
    of the listed patterns for it to qualify for that category.

pj_servadmin

Comment

Yes, you could do this using categories. Or you could make sure you are indexing file names, then use a wild card search. e.g.

A search for,
      *.pdf
      match all PDF files.

Comment

I am newbie, I want to know if it support regular expression.

Thanks.

------------------
        software review
        Last edited by 01wrener; Apr-18-2007, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Full regular expressions, regex style, are not supported. But wild-cards and other options like negatives and exact phrase are supported.

Comment

Thanx for the answers!
            I'm already using categories for categorize different parts of my website, so I can't use it for search by filetype

Perhaps "search by filetype" will be a feature in the next version

mcp

Comment

A document can belong to more than 1 category. So it could belong in the PDF category and in the 'Section 1' category.

Comment

Working...
              X