short URLs question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short URLs question

If i want to give preferences to homepage or main domain would short URLs settings be the right one?

for example if you have on the index a domani called

www.supersmilies.com

With the title Super Smilies

If you search Super Smilies i have tons of results, most of them are from the domain www.supersmilies.com which are correct but somehow it never shows the homepage first, it shows always first pages inside the domain instead of the plan domain or the homepage. I have tested this with several domains, i have the content density and short url settings to normal.

Now my quesiton is, should i put short url to Strong? Or just boot 1 setting the title of the page? So the way the main domains or homepage have preference on results?

Regards

It is hard to know without having a close look at the site. But preferring short URLs will give higher rankings to home pages.

But if you do have control over the pages, boosting the home pages is also a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
      It is hard to know without having a close look at the site. But preferring short URLs will give higher rankings to home pages.

But if you do have control over the pages, boosting the home pages is also a good idea.
      No I dont have control over pages. Ok, so short urls is the first to test then, i will put it on STRONG to give rankings on homepages. They now appear on number 3 or 5 always, i suppose now they will have more preference them. If not then the next step would be Title Boosting, i just dont want to alter to much the results since i think Zoom makes a godd job with the normal settings, i did not wanted to mess them up to much with settings, i like what i see, just homepage just have a little more preference nothing more, so i will try and put it to strong.

Comment

Working...
      X