Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Page - Problem with search terms

Hi,

I'm indexing a web page which shows different content depending on the query string parameter. For instance:

Human resources shows if this is the query string:

https://www.domain.com/?page=hr

However, when I search this server with Zoom my results are quite as good as they are with my public site. Is there a better way to improve my search results with a dynamic page in Zoom? We have many Word, PDF and Excel documents on this server.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions,

When using Spider mode, dymanic pages are supported by Zoom and indexed in the same manner as any other page.

So any ranking issues are not directly related to the use of paramters in the URL.

Unless you can give specific examples of the problem, it is hard to comment on what the solution might be.

For example, it might just be a matter of including good meta data in the <head> section of your dymanic page to solve the problem.

Comment

For the most part, all documents have been given appropriate meta data. For example, on our intranet.

If you type "Employee Phone Listings" and press search, it returns results back, but not the particular document in question. After looking at the search results page, it looks like it's reading the links to each document appropriately from the meta data, but I'm wondering if a general web user will be able to find the document in question easily.

I was curious if something could be done to better improve the ranking?
      Last edited by ryanbutler; Apr-02-2007, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I just realized you won't be able to access this site. If you need a screen capture, I'll provide one.

Comment

Working...
        X