Content density

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Content density

Could some explaing or ellaborate a bit more and what i already now from the manual?

About content density and give preference to short urls?

If i have for example 50000 pages and i dont want under 1 keyword to appear 1000 results only from page then i should that to strong? Is this right? Will it affect on other way the search? Or normal is fine and Zoom is smart not to only spam with 1 domain result?

Regards

Neither setting has any direct relationship with spam and I don't really understand your question about, "...under 1 keyword to appear 1000 results".

Content density
    Documents where the keyword appears often are ranked higher than pages that mention the keyword less often. But an unwanted result of this can be that long pages get ranked tot highly. Adjusting the Content density setting can counteract this. By taking both density and word count into account.

This is an automatic weighting adjustment that is made by the indexer, based on the word density of the particular page. With “Standard adjustment”, the weighting of words found in a large file (such as a 50+ page PDF document) will be lowered so as to prevent such files from swamping the results and always considered the most relevant. This will effectively give preference to small and medium sized documents. “Strong adjustment” provides an even greater level of scaling, and “No adjustment” would disable this feature so that all files are treated equally.

Give preference to short URLs
    This is an automatic adjustment made by the Indexer, based on the length of the URL of the page being indexed. With "Standard adjustment", the weighting of a page may be slightly lowered if the URL is considered lengthy. Similarly, a page with a short URL may receive an increase in weighting. This will effectively give preference to "home pages" of the site, as opposed to those which are several folders deep. "Strong adjustment" provides an even greater level of scaling, and "No adjustment" would disable this feature so that all files are treated equally regardless of their URL length.

Comment

Working...
    X