All Possible Error Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Possible Error Warnings

I have automated the indexing of our intranet using a batch file (.bat) and upon every indexing, a new indexlog is created and saved for future reference.

I like to have a complete log in case an employee has any questions on indexing, but don't want to review the logs daily looking for error messages if any.

Can you tell me the common keywords that will only appear in an indexlog if there was an error or warning (so I can have the system automatically look for it and email me an alert)?

Currently I have determined the following possibilities, but I'm sure there most be more:

"Warning: Low RAM" or "Not enough memory"
    "Indexing failed"
    "Partial indexing completed"

Your assistance is appreciated, and your search tool is appreciated even more!

Cheers,

Chris

We don't have a pre-prepared list of messages. And it would take us several hours to even make a partial list.

Anything with "error" or "warning" or "failed" in the text would be a sign that something might be wrong however.

You could also look at the error summary line in the log.
    Elapsed index time: 00:03:02
    Errors: 0
    URLs visited by spider: 100

You might also be better off looking at the positive messages. e.g.
    Indexing completed at Sun Mar 25 16:38:47 2007
    Files indexed: 100

Comment

Thanks!

As the logs tend to be ...creative in their descriptions, it is hard to trap, but I seem to be having luck with the following if anyone is interested:

Search For String = Description if Found
      "maximum number of files to be indexed has been reached" = "Maximum number of files exceeded"
      "Maximum number of unique words limit" = "Maximum number of unique words exceeded"
      "Warning: Low RAM" = "Low RAM Warning"
      "Not enough memory" = "Not enough memory"
      "Indexing failed" = "Indexing failed"
      "Partial indexing completed" = "Partial indexing completed"
      "Warning:" = "Warning Message"

This seems to trap everything I can find, (and the order is important).

Cheers,

Chris

Comment

I get this error all the time, and its not true, my internet works, i get this error when a page timeouts, why i dont know.

[WARNING] Could not download file: No active connection to the Internet found. Check your connection and network settings.

Comment

We never see this error.

While I can imagine that you might be right about your Internet connection working when you check it, clearly not everything is working as it should. A timeout is not normal.

Maybe your connection is intermittent or maybe there is an issue at your ISP, maybe even the remote server has failed or maybe there is an issue with 3rd party software (like a firewall).

Are you using a wireless Internet connection? They are notorious for loosing connection for short periods.

Comment

Working...
          X