Updating of indexed data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating of indexed data

Hi guys, I have a CMS system that user use to update website constantly, is it possible for zoom search or does zoom search support index file update automatically when user update the website or to write a script to run the zoom search program to create index file for some URL and output directory?Very urgent, thanks in advanced

If you are using V4 of the software then you can schedule a complete re-indexing on a periodic basis.

If you upgrade to V5, then you can use incremental indexing and / or scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
      If you are using V4 of the software then you can schedule a complete re-indexing on a periodic basis.

If you upgrade to V5, then you can use incremental indexing and / or scheduling.
      Thanks man, i have tried the solution that you provide me, its awesome. I got another question to ask, i have set this program to upload my file into certain directory, only search.asp, search_template,setting.asp, zoom_pagetext.zdat, zoom_dictionary.zdat and zoom_wordmap.zdat uploaded into my ftp server, but zoom_pagedata.zdat and zoom_pageinfo.zdat never upload to server, what is the problem of my setting?thanks in advance

Comment

There are different sets of files used for V4 and V5. The zoom_pagedata.zdat and zoom_pageinfo.zdat files are only used in V5.

Comment

Thx man, support here is so fast and efficient, I tried to index my website, and im try out the free version now. Free version allow user to scan 50 pages, inside my website there's 80 html files and other asp files. Zoom Search only indexed 6 of my html files, and skipped 74 of my html files, what happen to this? Will it happen also if i buy enterprise edition and use it to search PDF file?ONe more question, HOw do i not overwrite my search.asp page when schedule my Zoom Search to run indexing automatically?Thanks in advanced
          Last edited by sinner8347; Mar-06-2007, 07:27 AM.

Comment

There are many good reasons why pages might be skipped. See these FAQ questions.
            Q. Why are some of my pages being skipped by the indexer?

Q. Why are links in my Javascript menus being skipped?

Q. I am indexing with spider mode but it is not finding all the pages on my web site

If you have not customised the search.asp script, then overwriting it should be no problem. If you have customised the search.asp script, then you should enter a "Custom script source path" on the advanced tab of the Zoom configuration window.

Comment

Working...
            X