Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• limiting results to certain types of files

Hi all,

I've just discovered and have been enjoying zoom search!

My question involves the setup of my site and how zoom works. So, please excuse the verbosity, but here's what I'm experiencing.

My site is based around a single php page (site.php) which includes an iframe. The iframe gets populated by a separate htm. Which file appears in the iframe is determined by the token passed by the menu selection.

ex: Menu item 'contact us' points to <a href="site.php?contact"> which, through the use of some php code, will load contact.htm into the iframe.

So...zoomsearch works this way. It returns accurate hits, but more than I'd like. It will find site.php?contact as a hit. and also contact.htm as a hit.

My problem is that I'd rather only return hits for the htm pages, the links to which I'd like displayed in the iframe (name="main"). I see in the config how to point it to a frame and that works well, but can I limit it to htm files only?

I tried using the config screen to only select the htm files, but no results are found when I do that. I *think* that's because there are no spiderable links to those pages.

Ok...long winded, but that's my quandry. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    ~BouncerFL

The problem seems to be that you need to index the PHP files to get the links to the HTML files. But on the other hand you don't want the content of the PHP files indexed.

So I think there are several possible solutions.

1) Add ZoomStop tags around all the content on the PHP page. This is an easy change if you just have 1 PHP file.

2) Create a HTML site map that just contains a list of the HTML pages you want indexed and set the Zoom start point to the map file.

3) Set the "Follow links only " option for your start point. (This might or might not work, depending on how your site is linked up).

4) Consider if you really need to build your site with frames. Frames aren't very friendly for a whole bunch of reasons.

Comment

Working...
    X