Need some help with categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with categories

Hello, after looking through the users guide I'm a bit confused about the best way to set up categories for a web site using zoom.

Is there a way I can code certain pages so only those pages will appear... When a certain category is chosen in the search drop down box? Thanks, Perry

Once you have set up categories, then you can limit the search to a sub-set of pages on your web site.

In V4 of Zoom, the only way to place a file into a category is via matching on part of the URL (in spider mode) or the File name (in offline mode).

In V5 of Zoom there is an additional function. For files which have no easy way to be categorized by a pattern in the filename or URL, you can specify a category for these files on a file-by-file basis. You do this by adding a ZOOMCATEGORY meta tag within your file, like so:
    <meta name="ZOOMCATEGORY" content="News">

See the Users Guide for more details.

Comment

Thanks, looks like the newest version of the users guide explains a lot. Is doing it with a meta name only any more or less accurate than matching part of the url address? What about the search form. Can I have it say something other than "ALL" for the all category, such as the name of the site? And can I remove the other categories from the main search page?

Last is there a way zoom can search database rows? For instance many items are in my database and they are only put on my web pages when someone pushes a text link, to look at at just certain items. So if they want to look up php scripts about forms they'll click on the text link PHP FORMS
      and that will dynamically put the php form scripts on the page etc. Since its pulled from the database only when a link is clicked on, the items are not already sitting on a page somewhere to be searched.
      Last edited by perry; Feb-03-2007, 12:18 PM. Reason: Needed to update my question.

Comment

Working...
      X