"No results found" - Javascript option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No results found" - Javascript option

We used Zoom Search 4.2 to index our site, going for JavaScript rather than any of the other options

Browsing the site locally on my PC, the zoom indexing works fine. I search for a word and lots of hits/links comes up.

FTPed onto our website (www.herongroup.co.uk/search.htm) whatever I search for I get "No results found"

I initially hand-ftp-ed the Zoom files over, then re-indexed and let the Zoom program FTP them. No change.

In the top level (web) directory on the web server I have (as well as all our sites web pages)
    highlight.js, search.js, settings.js, zoom_index.js, zoom_pages.js, zoom_descriptions.js and zoom_titles.js

zoom_index.js is about 40Kb in size and contains a nice little array which starts like
    dictwords = new Array("evidence 0 15 1 15 ...

and goes on for 1490 lines before a date structure and some var.

Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong please!

Apologies in advance if I have made a newbie numpty mistake, which I suspect is the case.

I am amazed that you claim to be a newbie but at the same time you appear to be customizing our Javascript code.

I am even more amazed that you fail to mention the dozens of code changes you made to our source code, as if that couldn't have any effect on the operation of the software?

If you revert to our orginal search.js source code it should work fine.

Comment

Firstly - thank you - it is fixed now.

Secondly I didn't mention the supposed changes because I was unaware of them. I guess the guy who set our site up a couple of years ago must have done some changes. Myself I don't speak a word of Javascript and am polite enough to mention tweaks if I know about them.

Anyway, the point of this post is to say Thank You.

Comment

Working...
      X