Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• won't highlight words in results page

First off, love the product.
    I have indexed successfully and I can search fine. On the results page, though, it gives the title of the page that the searched object is on but does not have any more information. The search term is not highlighted within that certain page on the results page. See what I mean:

http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/b...81/search.html

search for like indianapolis colts or something and it will give me results, but will not highlight the searched object within the results. I am using javascript, could this be the problem? Does it not highlight within the results page with javascript? If not, is there any other way to bring up highlighed results pages (I cannot use cgi, asp or php as my server, fortunecity, does not support those files). PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

You need to turn on highlighting from the "Results layout" tab in the Zoom configuration window. On the same tab are settings to control what fields appear in the search results.

But Javascript does not have the option to display document context (the section of text around the search result). This would require more data to be in the set of index files and Javascript, the language, can't cope with large amounts of data.

Comment

Working...
    X