No Search Results - ASPX wrapping script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Search Results - ASPX wrapping script

I've just installed Zoom V5, indexed my site and uloaded without any issues but when I run a search no results are returned. When I try to search the page, it refreshes, clears the search box and thats it .. no results appear. I've tried indexing several times and reupload all the files each time with the same result. The site is aspx and I have gone through the instructions and made the appropriate changes. I have not made any customized changes to the search page, I'm just testing the software for use on another site. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

link to search page: http://www.profileddesigns.com/search/search.aspx

I am guessing you are using your ASPX script to wrap our search.cgi script? I don't know what is in your ASPX script so I can't comment on at.

But if I try and run the CGI script directly I get an error.
    Script
    http://www.profileddesigns.com/search/search.cgi
    Error
    CGI Error
    The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

So it appears as though the CGI has not been installed correctly.

The CGI can be hard to get installed correctly especially on a Windows based server. So you might want to consider using the classic ASP scripting option, which is easy to install.

If you want a persevere with the CGI see this CGI troubleshooting page.

Comment

Thanks, I'll go through the cgi troubleshooting and post my results. I don't think I will be able to use classic asp because my site is .Net 2.0 and my host will only run one version of .net.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Classic ASP is not .NET.
        (but Classic ASP is also much slower than the CGI)

Comment

Working...
        X