PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to boost title tags more than +5 or de-boost external page content?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to boost title tags more than +5 or de-boost external page content?

Does anyone know how to index an external site (not my own) and boost the title tags more than +5 or de-boost the page content?

Unfortunately, the maximum tag boost is only +5 and I don't see any way to de-boost external page content (words on the page).

The reason I want to do this is because the desired page has a title tag containing the search term, but only mentions the search term a couple of times in the page content itself. At the same time, other less important pages mention the search term numerous times in a list of links on the page. As a result, the less important pages show up with a high relevancy and the desired page with the well labeled title tag shows up way down in the search results.

If you can't edit the page in question, then in V4.x of Zoom your options are limited. If you could edit the page, then you could use the ZOOMPAGEBOOST meta tag. e.g.
    <meta name="ZOOMPAGEBOOST" content="-3" />

If there was some other valid meta data. e.g. a good meta description or meta keywords, or a meaningful file name, then you could also boost these options.

In V5 of Zoom there are considerably more options. You could use recommended links to force a #1 result, or deboost the link text.

V5 is currently in beta release, but is stable.

Comment

Working...
    X