No result match on URL String.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No result match on URL String.?

Hi I bought your product a couple days ago..
    and implementing it

I have indexed with the Index_Only option
    over 5000 topic related sites..

It all works great .!
    there is one littel detail I've noticed no match results to URLs ??

It seems to return fine results matching content.. Meta tags and titles.. But the URL String..

can you advice??

Thanks..

On the indexing options tab, there is a checkbox to turn on indexing of file names.

This will not index the entire URL (as much of the URL is the same on many sites), it will just index the file name part of the URL.

Comment

Maybe I didnt explain myself correctly

Here is an example:
      The site in production is http://www.BrujulaGospel.com (spanish oriented search engine using ZoomEngine)

If a customer wants to check if his site is indexed at BrujulaGospel.com,, it would be usual that they input a search for their domain URL.
      in example:

deldomingo.blogspot.com (I know this one is indexed)

However if they query by their URL as presented above, It returns a False result as No Match found Or no results

If the query is specific on text that matches the content or title or Tags..(example for this site: "Gracias Daniel y Melvin" )

it returns.. sucessfully the Site listed..

So My question or request would be..

is it possible that the script also checks against URL matches?? not just files but any section of the URL string??

Thanks..

Comment

I understand the requirement. But at the moment there is no option to index the words that make up the domain name. Just an option the document file names.

But you are right, as more people use Zoom to index multiple web sites (and not just their own web site), this feature becomes more important.

We'll add it to our to-do list, but it won't appear in the initial V5.0 release.

In the meantime you'll just need to search for some key text that appears on the site.

Comment

Working...
        X