Any way to bookmark more pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to bookmark more pages?

Hello, this may be being too much to ask but thought I would ask anyway. If it can't be done, no big deal but it might be nice someday.

I notice if I try to look at one page of search results and bookmark it. Then I go to another page, it won't let me bookmark a new page of search results. I thought someday users may try to do the same thing with their searches on my site. Just a suggestion. If you know an easy way I could have it happen. Please let me know thankyou, Perry

Bookmarking a web page is a function of your browser & not the web site. So you might try using a different browser. I had no trouble bookmarking two search pages using IE6. But you do need to give each one a different name to prevent them from overwriting each other.

Comment

I see what you mean. I guess I would need some sort of dynamic page name changer when a new pages search results come up. That would probably be more trouble than its worth. I don't want to tell them to rename their bookmarked page, that might look tacky, I'll have to think about it. Thanks a lot!

Comment

var searchterms = document.getElementById("searchbox");

document.title = "Zoom Search - " + searchterms.value;

I have not tested it but I'm hoping the above javascript should solve your problem by giving your page a dynamic title.
        AG!

Comment

You need to include the page number 1,2,3, etc.. as well, if you want to do this.

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out David.

Heres the updated code

function getQueryVariable(variable) {
            var query = window.location.search.substring(1);
            var vars = query.split("&");
            for (var i=0;i<vars.length;i++) {
            var pair = vars[i].split("=");
            if (pair[0] == variable) {
            return pair[1];
            }
            }
            return 0;
            }

var page = getQueryVariable("zoom_page");

if(!page) {
            page=1;
            }

var searchterms = document.getElementById("searchbox");

document.title = "Zoom Search - " + searchterms.value + " - Page " + page;
            Last edited by AG!; Oct-19-2006, 01:36 PM.
            AG!

Comment

Working...
            X