Few questions about zoom. - TCP ports used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few questions about zoom. - TCP ports used

Hi, is there any outside influences that affect zoom? For instance does it utilize Internet Explorer in any way? Also what ports do the zoom indexers use to scan and upload files. Last, which part of the zoom files should be granted permission by the firewalls.

I have some funny things happening all of a sudden and recently I made some changes to Internet Explorer and my firewall. Wondering if this could be why. I always turn my firewall of before running the indexer but I altered some of the access areas that could be the problem. I want to make sure I grant access to the correct zoom files, so that the indexer can freely run without any problems. Let me know so I can rule some of these out. Tyvm.

Internet Explorer and Windows have somewhat merged. This means you can never fully uninstall IE, as it is part of the O/S now. Any Windows application that asks the operating system to download web pages will use parts of IE.

IE/Windows provides some helpful functions like automatic web page caching, handling of cookies and manipulation of URLs.

In Zoom only the ZoomIndexer.exe executable needs access to the Internet. Zoom operates on standard ports for HTTP (80), HTTPS (443, I think) and FTP (20,21).

There should be no reason to turn off your firewall completely. You might need to make a small hole in it for ZoomIndexer.exe to communicate however.

Comment

Working...
    X