System Hangs Up during search with PHP script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Hangs Up during search with PHP script

I have used wrensoft on other sites and it works perfect for searching but at www.apex-retirement-planning.com I am experiencing some problems. Namely when I do a website search it just hangs up and produces nothing. When creating the index in off-line mode I get no errors and I transfer all the files up to the server successfully. I just can’t seem to figure it out.

I am working version 4.2 with a php platform.

The error message I get is:

CGI Timeout
    The specified CGI application exceeded the allowed time for processing. The server has deleted the process.

The error message is a little perplexing because I am not using cgi as a script.

Yes this is very strange.

Can you,
    1) Tell me what version of Zoom you are using
    2) Send me a zipped up copy of all of your search files. We can then try using the same set of file on a different server.
    3) Tell me if any other PHP scripts are working on this same site.

I am suspecting at the moment it is a problem with the PHP installation on that server. But we would need to confirm this.

The CGI error message is probably a result of PHP being installed as a CGI on the server.

-----
    David

Comment

An update for others who might have this issue.

The following is a very simple script that will test your server to ensure PHP is installed. It is a standard PHP function called phpinfo, which instructs the browser to print out information in regard to the set up of your server.

To use the script, simply copy the following three lines of code and paste
      them into a plain text editor, such as Note Pad.

<?
      phpinfo();
      ?>

Save the file as phpinfo.php and upload it to your server where you store
      your HTML files.

The failure of this super simple script to run on the server shows that there is a problem on the server.

-----
      David

Comment

Working...
      X