Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asp version not indexing properly

Hiya,
    I have the full Pro ASP version (and its activated) but when I index the site it doesn't index all the pages (and they haven't been marked as skipped).

After i've indexed the site (an Intranet so cannot show you) and searched for the term "address" I get one result, however, there are 41 pages that have that term on them. What is happening?

Also when i've indexed i noticed it skipped 10 .jpg files (blocked by extensions list) why has it not skipped all the rest of the images (lots of them).

I have the correct blocked extensions list and am uploading the files correctly, the files and directories do not start with an underscore, my base URL is correct, it is not a hidden file, my skip list is blank and duplicate page detection isn't turned on.

Mark

The most common reasons for pages not being indexed are,

1) There are no HTML links leading to the pages

2) The only links to a page are created as a result of executing a client side Javascript script.

3) The pages are external to the site being indexed (i.e part of a different domain)

These and other reasons are detailed in the FAQ questions.
    Q. Why are some of my pages being skipped by the indexer?

Q. Why are links in my Javascript menus being skipped?

Q. I am indexing with spider mode but it is not finding all the pages on my web site

The most likely reason for the JPG's being logged as skipped and not other images, is that only a few JPGs had direct links to them (the others would have also been skipped implicitly because they were not linked).

-----
    David

Comment

Hi David,
      To address your points:
      There are HTML links leading to the pages
      They are not dynamically created
      The pages are in the same site being indexed

However, I read your article about how it spiders from link to link and the problem maybe that the base url i specify is http://ilfserver/intranet/ and not http://ilfserver/intranet/index.html.

I will try this.

(Sorry for my PM)
      Mark

Comment

If you still have a problem, turn on debug mode and E-mail me the log file.

Plus tell / send me,
        1) What URL was not indexed
        2) What page the link to the missing URL was on
        3) The HTML source code for the page that had the link that was not followed.

Also I assume that you have checked the limits set on the limits tab in the Zoom configuration window are big enough for your site.

-----
        David

Comment

The idiot strikes again

David,
          How do you put up with fools like me - or am i unique. I have found the problem and it was something you outlined previously.

The only document I didn't check and which didn't even register when I scanned your answer was the Javascript menus problem.

Please forgive me.
          Mark "the Numpty"

Comment

Working...
          X