PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

highlight search results in bold - won't work ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• highlight search results in bold - won't work ?

Hi,

I have been trying to get my search term results to display word results in bold. I have followed the instructions in the users manual where it states that all I have to do is place the following after .highlight

.highlight { font-weight: bold; }

I have done this but the search terms do not display as bold text. Any ideas why not ?

Thanks.

Ray

There is also a configuration option that you need to turn on (then re-index your site and re-upload the files).

The option is in the results layout tab in the Zoom configuration window.
    "Highlighting options / Words matched in search results"

------
    David

Comment

hmmmm. Done all of that, and it still doesn't work..... everything else seems to be working okay, but I would like to have the search results highlighted if possible.

Does it have anything to do with the highlight.js file ? The user guide simply states that you have to change the code on the search template.....

Thanks again for your advice David.

Ray

Comment

Are you trying to get highlighting of words in the search results that are generated by the script or highlighting in the actual pages on your web site (or both).

Can you post the URL for your search function so that we can see the problem.

------
        David

Comment

Working...
        X