Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User: Problem uploading files

Hi,

I have been trying to upoad zoom files to the server I successfully make an ftp connection but when I try and upload the files (which I presume are php script) I receive the following message:

FTP upload error
    200 Type set to 1
    200 Port command successful
    550 search php: permission denied

At the server there is a folder marked 'Public', inside this folder are the web site folders. Beneath that folder there is a .perl icon and beneath that a .php icon.

I suspect that I am not understanding what's going on and giving the wrong path, as I have never had anything to do with php or perl before.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks.

Ray

Yes, the search.php file is a PHP script.

I assume from the messages you have posted you are using a 3rd party FTP program and not the FTP function built into Zoom?

The 550 error is a message from your server stating that the account you have currently logged in as does not have permission to perform the action you are attempting (an upload to create a new file on your server, in this case).

You may be trying to upload to the wrong directory or logged in with the wrong account, or your hosting company might be blocking all FTP access, etc..

Can you upload any file to your server using FTP?

-----
    David

Comment

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using the zoom ftp function. Yes, I can upload all html files no problem abd the account does have php support, and I am logged in to the correct account.

My own thought was that perhaps I was not specifying the correct path, just don't know what the problem is.

Cheers.

Ray

Comment

Yes, uploading to the wrong directory on your server can cause this problem.

How do you normally upload files to your server? Just use the same method. (but if you use an external FTP program, make sure you use BINARY mode and not ASCII)

-----
        David

Comment

Hi David,

My ftp client automatically detects Binary or ASCII files. Normally I simply drag my files up to the relevant server file. If I use my usual method, do I need to creat a folder in my web directory or do I simply drop them into the web directory alongside the the web page icons ?

I appreciate your help.

Cheers.

Ray

Comment

Hi again David,

I have tried clicking the upload files myself option, but after I do this I cannot find the files which I need to transfer to my web folder so that I can do this ?

Cheers.
            Ray

Comment

You can not rely on automatic detection of file types and selection of the correct ASCII / binary mode by FTP programs. They often get it wrong, corrupting files as a result.

The files you need to upload for Zoom will have been created by the indexing process in the Zoom output directory, (that you specified).

-----
              David

Comment

Hi again David,

Sorry to be a pest and I'll try and make this my last question;

Do I upload the files to a new folder that has to be created, or do I simply upload them to my www. file alongside my web page files?

Thanks again.

Ray

Comment

I think I'm getting there........ but......

I have the files on my server inside my www. folder. I believe that to start a search I type in the website URL as follows www.myurl/search.php is this correct ? The help files simply tell me to enter my search into my browser with no further instruction on this. If this is correct when I do this I get page unobtainable?

The PDF manual tells me that I need a search.php file on my server. What I find on my server is simply a file labelled .php Do I rename this file - search.php ?

The existing .php file is outside of my www. file, which is contained within a 'public' file, do I move the .php file into my www. file or leave it where it is ?

If you can bear to answer these questions David I think I might just about be there.

Thanks very much

Comment

Cracked it !

Thanks for your help david.

Ray

Comment

Glad you worked it out.

You can place the files in any directory on your server as long as all the search related files are in the same directory.

A lot of people make a new sub directory called something like 'search' to keep the search function separate from the rest of their site. But it will work fine if you have uploaded all the files to your root directory.

------
                      David

Comment

Working...
                      X