Compliments and Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compliments and Suggestion

I'm very pleased with the results of the Zoom Search Engine and have managed to incorporate it nicely into our Intranet (with Server2Go) and also on CD/DVD. I will definitely be purchasing the Pro version!

I would like to suggest breaking up the forum into several categories (like 'Installation', 'Customization', 'CGI method support', 'Javascript method support' etc) rather than lumping all Zoom related posts into one. I for one would find it much easier to use. Anyone else agree?

Re: Compliments and Suggestion

Originally posted by hobwebs
    I'm very pleased with the results of the Zoom Search Engine and have managed to incorporate it nicely into our Intranet (with Server2Go) and also on CD/DVD. I will definitely be purchasing the Pro version!

I would like to suggest breaking up the forum into several categories (like 'Installation', 'Customization', 'CGI method support', 'Javascript method support' etc) rather than lumping all Zoom related posts into one. I for one would find it much easier to use. Anyone else agree?
    I have been thinking this for several months. However, I believe the guys from Wrensoft are overwhelmed with enough work right now, trying to get V5 ready in the next month. That's priority right now. Then when that comes out, they'll be swamped with the business end of things and support. What they need, probably, is some trustworthy people (or part-time employee) to manage the organization of their forum.

Comment

Yes this is all true, but in fact the main reason it ended up this was was that we had planned (for a couple of years now) to release a range of products under the Wrensoft name. In fact we already have a range of products over at PassMark. So this would be a 2nd range of products in the web development area.

As time went on however some of the other product ideas we had got incorporated into Zoom V5. The main recent 'casualties' of this were,
      - A site map generator (planned for V5)
      - A image search (already coded and in V5)

We still do have plans for other products (late 2006 or 2007) but none the less the you are right, the forum should probably be divided up into at least 'Zoom Indexer issues' and 'Zoom search script issues'.

----
      David

Comment

Working...
      X