More Statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Statistics

Is there a way when generating a statistics report that it shows more that just the "Top 10" listings?

For example, I would like to see all of the searches that returned zero results.

Ideas?

The top ten search terms are displayed, but also the top ten search terms that had zero results. From time to time we look at our top 10 zero result list and add some additional meta data to some pages. This prevents zero results for that search term in the future. Then new words start to appear in the top ten.

It is also possible to get a list of all search terms, but they are sorted by popularity and not number of results.

So you might need to read the searchwords.log file into Excel and do some filtering, sorting & graphing in Excel to get what you want.

-----
    David

Comment

So you are saying that there is no way to make your report generating program list more than the top 10? I have to do it in excel?

Sigh~ I was hoping for more.

Comment

Correct. The zero result list always displays only the top ten during the requested time period. No one has asked for more (until now).

I just did a experiment with our log file. The log file is CSV and it imports into Excel cleanly. It took me less than 2 min to generate the report you wanted in Excel.

----
        David

Comment

Working...
        X